In the infamous words of The Mask, “Thank you. You love me, you really love me!” I am honored to announce that KMB & Co. has been nominated for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is an online, virtual award, given by bloggers, to new bloggers, as recognition to up-and-coming blogs, a way to connect to others in the community, and getting to know a little more about the writer behind the screen. In translation, Liebster is Deutsche for dearest, beloved, or favorite. The award goes back to 2011, and is a way of sharing the love of fellow writers.
To learn more about the award, you can find more information here. By choosing to accept the award, I’ll be sharing a little about my nominator, one of my favorite blogs, myself, and in the end, paying it forward to other new bloggers.
THANK YOU TO MY NOMINATOR
I was nominated for the Liebster by the Cheche, over at 2 Hot Travellers. 2 Hot Travellers was created my Cheche and Gary, as a way to share their adventures and travel tip. While many posts are centered around travel in the Philippines, they have a number of posts regarding general travel info, including safety tips, and how to save, and even make, money while traveling.
QUESTIONS FROM MY NOMINATOR
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying is failing. Not succeeding, is character building. God put us on this earth to fully experience life, and never trying is the worst offense. Unless it is jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, which I am never trying.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Three words…to fit in. The majority of us have either done things at some point based on either trying to impress someone, or haven’t done things out of fear of ridicule. We need to worry less about what others think of us, and worry more about missing out on the amazing things life can offer.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Traveling. I love to travel, explore, try regional restaurants, and visit local museums. I even oddly enjoy the smell of bleached hotel sheets. Life should be lived, not just experienced through a book or on TV.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I worry about both. I can be a bit of a perfectionist at times, so I prefer things to be done right. But I am also helping to raise two humans, who need to learn by my example about doing right things.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Have I mentioned I have two small children?!
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
My job is being a stay-at-home wife/mother, and I love both too much to ever want to quit. But that million dollars would take the sting out of the cost of having two kids in diapers!!!
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is just going through the motions. Truly living is experiencing every moment to its fullest, and everything life has to offer. See question 1.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I love both Coeur d’Alene, ID, and Carmel, CA, and would move to either in a heartbeat. Between the water, food, environment, and culture, there is so much to offer. But Germany will always have my heart. Nothing better than a bratwurst and gluhwein at a Christmas market while it’s snowing.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
See question 2! There is an innate fear of looking like an idiot in front of others, which for some can be crippling.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Every moment my kids learn something new. I’ve heard it said that you experience life for a second time through the eyes of a child, and it feels so true.
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
Unfortunately both. While I wish I had the power to make all the decisions (I am an only child after all), between my husband, kids, husband’s job, and God, not every decision is mine to make.
ONE OF MY FAVORITES
One of my favorite blogs of all time is IHeart Organizing. Now I know this isn’t a fitness blog, but go with me on this.
When it comes to getting healthy, having good mental health plays one of the most important roles in the process, and the home we live in is a major contributor. Having an organized home, that is visually pleasing to ourselves, can do wonders to boost our spirits. We’ve all heard it; our homes are a outward expression of our inner selves, and if we are not in the right frame of mind, neither are our houses. Getting organized helps to eliminate stress, and excuses, both of which can be road blocks for getting healthy and fit.
Jen, the mastermind behind I heart organizing, breaks this down to help minimize the chaos in our homes. Between awesome tips for purging clutter, to her adorable sense of style, there is no lack of inspiration for getting your abode in order. And unlike some other blogs I’ve run across, not every recommendation has a champagne price tag. She had ideas for those of us on a cheap beer budget too.
Be sure to check out this awesome blog, and follow by email or Facebook for updates on her most recent posts!
A FEW RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I marched in the Rose Parade and performed during the halftime show when my Cougs went to the Rose Bowl in 1998.
- I skied the Swiss Alps before I could drive a car.
- My first pet was a dog, whose name was Dusty, because he used to push around dust bunnies with his nose.
- My middle name has been in my family for many generations going back to Scottish roots, and has been passed down to my daughter.
- I took modeling classes when I lived in San Francisco during high school.
- I have a small dent on the tip of my nose from getting chicken pox as a kid for the second time.
- One of my dream vacations is taking my kids to Disneyland when they’re old enough, and embarrassing them with my knowledge of Disney songs.
- I was a Girl Scout for 11 years, including visiting the World Centers in both London and Switzerland.
- I love camping, and have been doing it since I was little, but admit the older I get, I prefer an air mattress and a flushing toilet.
- I played on the softball and soccer teams in high school, and got hit in the face with a ball both times.
- I have been to WWE Smackdown, a live house show, and even Wrestlemania, but will not admit I’m a fan.
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, THE NOMINEES ARE…
- Kellyloren at The Work From Home Coach. She offers great tips for how to earn a little extra cash while at home, one of which I’m actually using!
- Saranya at Messy Life Sorted. Her site includes a bunch of yummy recipes, including ones geared to making fun stuff for the kiddos.
- Eve at Wild Green North. Here you’ll find wonderful tips for living a greener life.
- Tara at I Dream of Simple. Who can’t use a little more simplicity in their life?! This is a great site for adding a little hygge into your life , and I’ll be following this one for a while.
- Stef at Your Healthy Family Coach. Stef, and her husband Rob, have some great posts about getting your kids to eat healthier, as well as healthy tips for the whole fam.
- Jessica at The Book of Jess. This is a pretty new travel and lifestyle blog, and it’s fun to start off with someone from the beginning. She has a quick post on Date Night Ideas, that I will be stealing for the hubby and I.
- Heather at Mom Material. This is another new blog, that includes info for pregnant ladies, and those trying to conceive, as well as new moms.
- Last, but certainly not least, Sam at Library of Biz. This site includes some wonderful suggestions for books and toys to help teach yours kids about the importance of money, as well as tips to boost your own business goals.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- What us your guiltiest pleasure?
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be, and why?
- Who do you think really killed JFK?
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your 16 year old self?
- What is your greatest fear?
- Which do you hate worse during your workout schedule, arm day, or leg day?
- If you could be on a talk show, or a reality show, which would it be, and why?
- If you could live in any decade, which would it be?
- What is your stance on the TV show Cailou?
- Who or what has been your biggest influence in your life?
- How do you balance privacy, personal life, and blogging?
THANK YOU, AND CONGRATS
Again, thank you to Cheche for nominating me! Thank you to my friends and family, who have been such a supporting this crazy idea of me starting a blog. Congrats to the nominees, and awesome job on your hard work with your blogs.
Blogging is a lot harder than it appears. Fitting in time to write, update groups, and actually working out, can be tough to balance when first starting out. Especially with a family, a side hustle, and a life that keeps me in a perpetual game of dodgeball. But I love to write, and I love my life. I am so blessed to have you guys joining me on this wild ride. Love you all!